Low-Carb Peri Peri Chicken Livers
TOTAL TIME: 25min
This hearty dish of Peri Peri Chicken Livers is sure to be a healthy hit!
DID YOU KNOW? Chicken livers are high in Vitamin A, Zinc and Iron.
How to bake it
- 3 tbls Carbsmart Cold Pressed Oil
- 750g Chicken Livers, Cleaned
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2-3 tbls Carbsmart Peri Peri Sauce
- 1 packet Carbsmart Hearty Veg Soup
- 1 tbls Tomato Paste
- 250ml Fresh Cream
- 1 Small Sprig Fresh parsley
- Squeeze of Lemon
1. In a frying pan, heat Carbsmart Cold Pressed Oil, and lightly fry chicken livers until brown, set chicken livers aside.
2. In the same pan, fry onions and garlic until soft, and mix in the Carbsmart Peri Peri sauce, and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Return the chicken livers to the pan and add in Carbsmart Hearty Veg Soup, stir & then add a cup of boiling water, fresh cream and tomato paste.
4. Simmer uncovered for 20min.
5. Add in fresh Parsley and simmer for another 5min.
6. Serve with banting bread or cauli-rice.